The rising cost of living is affecting the Fowler community. Here are some services to provide you support.


Help paying bills Bills

There is a range of support available if you’re having problems paying your energy and water bills. Always speak to your provider first if you’re struggling. They all offer customer assistance programs and has a legal obligation to offer a financial hardship payment plan. 

Find out more

Food and Meals Support -Fairfield Area Food Support

If you need food relief support, review the Low Cost and Free Meals Directory of local organisations in the Fairfield area that provide meals, hampers and community pantry. 

Find out more

Energy Accounts Payment Assistance (EAPA) Energy

EAPA vouchers can help you pay for your current residential electricity or gas bills if you’re in a short-term financial crisis or emergency.

Find out more

Water rebates Rebates

If you receive a pension, you may qualify for a rebate on your water bill from your water supplier. Rebates are applied to each bill.

Find out more

Debt Financial Support

If you have unpaid bills and a debt collector (sometimes called a “mercantile agent”) contacts you, call the National Debt Helpline on 1800 007 007 for free advice or Energy & Water Ombudsman NSW (EWON). For more information contact the Financial Rights Legal Centre.

Find out more

No Interest Loan Schemes (NILS) Financial Support

The No Interest Loan Schemes (NILS) program helps people on low-income by providing interest free loans for essential items and services.

Find out more

Energy Bill Relief Fund Energy

Eligible households in NSW can get a one-off bill relief payment of up to $500 in the 2023–24 financial year.

To get the bill relief payment in NSW you must have an eligible Commonwealth concession card or payment, receive the Family Tax Benefit A and/or B, or have an eligible medical condition.

Find out more

NSW Government rebates and vouchers Rebates

Find NSW Government rebates and vouchers that are relevant to you. They range from gas rebate, toll relief to family tax benefits.

Find out more

Financial Counselling Financial Support

Are you struggling to get your money under control? The Salvation Army’s free Moneycare financial counselling service is here to help.

Please note: Moneycare financial counselling does not provide emergency cash loans, vouchers or emergency relief.

Find out more

Affordable Housing Housing

If you need help with housing, Anglicare offers a variety of discounted rental housing programs.

If you’re 55 or older, you may be eligible for a long-term housing through Anglicare’s Affordable Housing or Social Housing programs. Anglicare also offers housing support for families who have been affected by Domestic Violence.

Find out more

Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA) Financial Support

AFCA provide consumers and small businesses with fair, free and independent dispute resolution for financial complaints. When you make a complaint, they follow a complaint resolution process that provides free and fair outcomes. The service is free to access.

Find out more

Child Dental Benefits Schedule (CDBS) Health

The Child Dental Benefits Schedule is an Australian Government program that provides access to up to $1,095 in benefits over two consecutive calendar years, covering most basic general dental services (but not specialist services like orthodontics or services provided under general anaesthetic.)

You don’t need to register for the CDBS, and will usually be notified by Services Australia if you are eligible.

Find out more

Toll relief Toll

Eligible motorists can claim for money spent on tolls:

  • $60 weekly toll cap rebate (personal customers only), and
  • 40% toll relief rebate (personal customers and sole traders).

Motorists have until the end of June 2023 to claim for the 2022-23 year. They have another 12 months to submit claims for the 2023-24 financial year.

Find out more

Public Dental Services Health

All children (under 18 years of age) who are NSW residents and eligible for Medicare, can access public dental services in NSW.

Adult NSW residents must be eligible for Medicare and be listed on one of the following Australian Government concession cards:

  • Health Care Card
  • Pensioner Concession Card
  • Commonwealth Seniors Health Card
Find out more

School Student Broadband Initiative Internet

This is to  support your child’s education with free internet at home. If you are eligible, the home internet service will be provided at no cost until 31 December 2025 through a participating internet provider over the National Broadband Network.

Community organisations, including Anglicare Victoria, have been nominated to help families participate in the initiative.

Find out more

Food and Meals Support – Liverpool Area Food Support

If you need food relief support, review the Low Cost and Free Meals Directory of local organisations in the Liverpool area that provide meals, hampers and community pantry. 

Find out more

Family and domestic violence Family/Domestic Violence

Services Australia social workers can connect you to payments, legal services including legal aid and support services like family and domestic violence services, emergency accommodation and long-term housing support, financial help, counselling and health services. They can check if you can get a payment, such as an income support payment or crisis Payment, and also help you collect child support.

Find out more